Computed tomography is known as computed tomography or CT, is a medical diagnostic test that, like traditional x-rays, generate multiple images or images of the inside of the body. The cross-sectional images captured during a CT scan can be reformatted into multiple planes, and generate three-dimensional images. After that these images is viewed on a monitor by the doctor, printed on a film or by a 3D printer, or transferred to a CD or DVD. CT images of and blood vessels, soft tissues, bones, internal organs, provide detailed information than traditional radiographs. The cost of CT pns depends upon the two factors.
- Quality of CT scan machines
- Qualification of the technicians or doctors who used this machine.
The best or highest qualified doctor of PNS scan is in mumbai, so cost of ct pns scan in mumbai is very less due to availability of many doctors. A CT scan of the face generate images that display the cavities of a patient’s paranasal sinus. The paranasal sinuses are hollow, air-filled spaces lie within the bones of the face and adjoining the nasal cavity, a system of air channels that attach the nose to the back of the throat. There are four pairs of sinuses; everyone is connected to the nasal cavity by tiny openings.
Need of Test
CT quickly creates detailed images of the sinuses. The test can diagnose or detect:
- Masses and tumours, including cancer.
- Nasal polyps
- Injury to the face over the sinuses of the trauma.
- Defects of birth in the paranasal sinuses.
- Sinus infection (sinusitis)
- The cause of repeated bloody noses (epistaxis)
This test result helps the doctor to provide plan for sinus surgery.
Procedure of the Sinus radiology
- A CT scan is similar an x-ray. In an x-ray, radiation passes via the body and the picture of this is recorded on a photographic film. The bones appear white, the air appears black and the soft tissues appear as gray spots.
- On computed tomography, electronic X-ray detectors and X-rays rotate (around the patient) and calculate the amount of radiation captivated.
- The X-ray beam on a CT scan follows a spiral path, as the scan table moves through the scanner
- A computer program creates a two-dimensional and transverse image of the body, using all the data generated by the scanner. Computed tomography produces a highly detailed multidimensional view of the inner regions of the body.
- Computed tomography produces images of the body that can be compared to looking at a loaf of bread, cutting the bar into very slim slices.
- • With advanced detection technology, current CT scanners can obtain multiple cuts in a single rotation. these types of CT scanners are also called “multidetector CT”
- Advanced CT scans can scan whole of the body in very less time or you can say in the seconds. They can be adjusted the radiation dose as well.
Sinus CT scanning
- Computed tomography is used to detect abnormalities in the sinus cavities.  ENT specialists use it on regular basis to help diagnose and treat patients with chronic sinus problems and to determine if the surgery is justified and how it should be done.
- In the images of the computed tomography below, you can see the different paranasal sinuses. The black areas indicate the air in that area of the image. The white areas point out bone or fat. Gray indicates tissue or water. In your sinuses, which are cavities filled with air, normal, healthy breasts should be predominantly black.
Benefits and Risks
Benefits of the CT – Sinuses scan process:
- Computed tomography is a painless, non-invasive procedure; It has no side effects.
- You can take pictures of soft tissues, bones and blood vessels at the same time
- Computed tomography is a very accurate modality, therefore eliminating the need for other diagnostic procedures
- It is very helpful in emergencies, as it helps to quickly recognize internal injury and bleeding.
- like MRI, it is less sensitive to movement (patients are usually asked to remain very still, while the test is in progress, both for a CT scan and for an MRI scan)
- A CT scan produces images in real time. It can be used to guide needle biopsies and needle aspirations.
- This procedure is precise and correct. So that it can be used to diagnose pain which is caused by infections and inflammations.
Risks of the CT – Sinuses scan process:
- Overexposure to radiation in a computed tomography process leads to cancer. But the chances are very remote
- The procedure of computed tomography is not suitable for pregnant women.
- It is recommended that mothers breastfeed their children (at least) 24 hours after injecting contrast material, for computed tomography
- There is very less possibility of developing an allergic reaction, due to the contrast material which contains iodine that used in the computed tomography.
Many people have allergies to contrast dye. Tell your healthcare provider if you have ever had an allergic reaction to the contrast medium injected.
- The most common type of contrast administered in a vein contains iodine. A person with this allergy may have nausea or vomiting, sneezing, itching or hives if this type of contrast is given.
- If patient need contrast, then antihistamines (such as Benadryl) or steroids can be given before the test.
- The kidneys help eliminate iodine from the body. People with kidney disease or diabetes may need extra fluids after the test to help eliminate iodine from the body.
- Computerized tomography is recommended for children, only if it is absolutely necessary, because children are sensitive to radiation.
A computerized tomography (CT) scan of the breast is an imaging test that uses x-rays to take detailed pictures of the air-filled spaces inside the face (paranasal sinuses). Sinusitis can be a very simple and uncomplicated disease that can be self-limiting or a more complicated and complicated disease. Ct pns scan mumbai provide this facility in very affordable rates. Doctor may request imaging studies (CT or MRI) of the paranasal sinuses and provide essential information for the running of the process. The consultation with a neuro-radiologist will make sure that the proper test of patient is performed so that correct diagnosis is reached.